swapping cultures

Joe Harrington joeharr at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 30 01:52:06 EST 1996

stewart at peinet.pe.ca (Paul Stewart C/O ABIOGEN) wrote:

(clipped)

>shiitake (L. edodes). If anyone would like a couple of slants of any of these,
>please let me know. I will trade culture for culture, and am seeking:
>
>- Psilocybe semilanceata
>- Morchella esculenta
>- any wild oyster species
>- Coprinus comatus (Shaggy mane)
>
>Thanks in a big way to anyone willing to trade. As far as I know, shipping
>sterile sealed cultures is no problem between most countries. If I am wrong,
>please enlighten me!
>
>Paul Stewart c/o ABIOGEN Agri-Food Services
>RR #2 Vernon Bridge, Prince Edward Island
>CANADA  C0A 2E0
>
>(902) 651-3163    stewart at cycor.ca

Please be "enlightened":

Psilocybe semilanceata, also known as Liberty caps, are considered
"poisonous" and "psychactive" by the Guardians of Our Minds in many
country around in the globe, thus possession of cultures is construed
as an intent of use and sale of a "controlled" substance, entitling
one to a substantial fine and deprivation of liberty. Any mushrooms
which contain psilocybin or psilocin are often considered illegal to
posess. Every country has different laws.

Spores do not contain these substances and in many countries it is not
illegal to posess them.

In ANY event, I would urge people to NOT sale or transfer ANY cultures
of the Psilocybe family. Search the Web for a wealth of info on this
subject.

Psilocybe cyanescens would be much more appropiate in your climate.

Joe