BYSSOCHLAMYS

Enigl enigl at aol.com
Thu Oct 17 21:58:19 EST 1996

In article <5452v1$fft at melon.univ-brest.fr>, alain.roudot at univ-brest.fr
(Alain-Claude Roudot) writes: >Subject:	BYSSOCHLAMYS
>From:	alain.roudot at univ-brest.fr (Alain-Claude Roudot)
>Date:	17 Oct 1996 10:49:05 GMT>>EFFECT OF BYSSOCHLAMYS NIVEA AND FULVA
IN FRUIT JUICE? WAYS OF DEYECTION?>>

I published an article on detection and on my discovery of a new heat
resistant mold  in:

Enigl, Davin C., A. Douglas King and Tomas Török. 1993.  Talaromyces
trachyspermus , A Heat-Resistant Mold Isolated From Fruit Juice.  Journal
of Food Protection 56: 1039-1042.

My article outlines the (currently) most sensitive method for detection of
heat resistant molds (HRMs) in fruit juices.  All major species such as:
_Byssochlamys_fulva_,  _B._nivea, _Talaromyces_ _flavus_ ,
_T._trachyspermus_and _Neosartorya_fischeri_.

The method is fast for screening large amounts of juice and can be
performed using standard laboratory equipment.  I also have an injury
recovery step that recovers very hard to grow HRMs normally undetectable
(That's why I discovered a new HRM).  The other co-authors are from the
United States Department of Agriculture.

If anyone needs a reprint please e-mail me.

Davin

Davin C. Enigl, MS-MEAS,
President-Microbiologist
HACCP Validations-sm  Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points for the
Food, Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical, and Nutritional Supplement Industry
Voice: (916) 989-8264,  Fax: (916) 989-8205,  Pager: (714) 725-7695

9040 Erle Blunden Way
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
October 17, 1996
7:51 pm