Checking HEPA filters?

Joe Harrington joeharr at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 31 22:09:07 EST 1996

I'm looking into the possibility of purchasing a used clean station
that was used in the medical industry. The unit is 6 ft wide, a
stainless steel cabinet with a formica work surface, and a variable
speed blower motor.

I've not seen the unit yet, but I do have a picture of it. It apparently
has a six filter array of of 24 x12" filters or perhaps (3) 24 x24 "
filters. The pre-filter is below the work table, so I assume it is
bottom feed.

I hope to check it out this weekend and the present owner, who is
not at all familiar with it, had it advertised for $475 or BO.

Would anyone have any suggestions for determining the condition of
the HEPA filters?  A laser particle counter would be the way to
properly check this out, but I don't have an extra $2,000 to purchase
one at this time,  :-)

Joe

Mainely Mushrooms