Chanterelles: what's the best way to preserve?

Rork Kuick ork at
Mon Sep 9 11:50:07 EST 1996

In article <322E43B1.21EC at> Paul Klym, pklym at
> We have a whole bunch of Chanterelles. I'm looking for opinions on the
> best way to preserve them.

I am not a mycologists, but have pity,  and so suggest that we
and shroom cooks, take our non-scientific talk to another sector, perhaps
alt.nature.mushrooms, and let these folks get on with their work before
give us a spanking.
(I agree with make a partial sauce and freeze then, or Fed-Ex to me.)
    awaiting the B. edulis stirp in michigan with drooling maw, rork.