Chanterelles: what's the best way to preserve?

Bob Galvan kasplash at crl.com
Wed Sep 11 01:26:18 EST 1996

In article <50pd9d$bdp at solaris.cc.vt.edu>,

>Do you know of any good way to handle maggot infested chanterelles.  I

Last fall 2 of our local mushroom club luminaries travelled from San
Francisco to somewhere in New Mexico to hunt 'shrooms after
mountain thunderstorms.  They scored big time on boletes.  Problem became
getting them home sans spoilage.   So much of the pick went into coolers
along with some *dry* ice.  When they got home, all the mushroom maggots
had died, apparently from breathing too much CO2!

try that...

Bob Galvan
kasplash at crl.com