Mycological Schools

Peter Herman rpeter at nmsu.edu
Fri Sep 20 09:06:16 EST 1996

williams at netshop.net (Mycos) wrote:
>Does anyone know of the presence of a school or some such institute
>that teaches mycology specifically wiyhout the requirement of a
>Masters or other biology degree as a prerequisite background?
>
>                                            Gary Williams
><williams at netshop.net>

Most schools have an escape clause to prerequisites for courses,
with most accepting "or permission of instructor". So, if you can
talk the profesor into letting you in, you can generally take the
course without formally having the prereqs.  At NMSU, we teach
mycology at the upper division undergrad/grad level with a
mixture of Micro and Plant Path seniors and starting grad
students enrolled.

Peter