Molecular Symbiosis

Ribosome96 ribosome96 at aol.com
Sat Sep 28 17:07:24 EST 1996

Hi!

   Last year, I made a proposal of the existence of a" Molecular
Symbiosis" which I defined as a relationship between two organisms
metabolically mutualistic but in addition one  or both partners may be
sharing a particular "gene" thus "its genetic products" to help the other
partner complete itself structurally for instance.

   This came to my mind upon knowing that some bacteria in symbiotic
relationship embedded within the gills of  mussel living in  hot sea-
vents cannot be grown in vitro. So it may be genetically dependent. How
about in lichens?

   I wish someone is interested in doing this that I could be an active
participant.

ITSAVILLO
Res. Consultant