acremonium

Scott Campanella scotcamp at erols.com
Fri Apr 18 17:10:42 EST 1997

Hi,

	I am a QC Microbiologist in the medical device field.  One of my
sterility samples came up contaminated with a mold.  I identified it to
be of the genus Acremonium. Al I have been able to find out is that it
is found in soil, insects and sewage.  I have tested 90 samples and
found it in only one.  I need more info please.  The product might need
to be recalled.

	1.  Could this possibly be some sort of environmental
contaminant?

	2.  How pathogenic is this?

	3.  How resistant to heat is it?  We sterilize at 126 degrees C
for 22 hours.

Thanks in advance.

Scott