Help ID'ing wild mushroom mycelia??

Peter Oei poei at antenna.nl
Tue Aug 12 15:10:04 EST 1997

The second mycelium is growing much too fast for a mycorhizal species.
This doesn't mean that #1 is the Amanita muscaria; it does mean that #2
is definitely not A. muscaria.

Beautiful mushrooms which can be grown easily easily are:
Ganoderma lucidum
Tremella fuciformis

Last year Toolbooks published a completely revised edition of 'Mushroom
cultivation' with special emphasis on appropriate technologies for
developing countries. It contains accurate descriptions of how to grow
both species. It is avaliable at: backhuys at euronet.nl.

The two colonies I have observed, look like this: