cellulose measurements

Dr David Copplestone copplest at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 03:29:51 EST 1997

This might be the wrong discussion group for the question, but I've got to
start somewhere!!! and if this is wrong can you give me a better site please...

Well here the question,

I need to measure the cellulose and lignin content of a coniferous woodland
litter samples and have found a method(s) in Allen (Chem. Anal. of Ecol.
materials - 1989).  The methods seem very time and labour intensive, and I
was wondering what are (if any) the newest methods for such measurements.
The aim is to determine the effects of environmental contaminants on the
decomposition process..

David Copplestone
copplest at liv.ac.uk