Arctic Fungi

Tom McCloud McCloud at dtpax2.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Aug 26 11:25:56 EST 1997

I have just returned from a 2 week vacation on Baffin Island in the
arctic northeast of Canada.  One of the things I noticed that surprised
me was the large number of fruiting fungi.   Not being knowledgable in
the identification of them, I can't say what they were, except that I
saw gilled and pore types, puffballs, and perhaps one white jelly
fungus.    Is anyone aware of a monograph on the fungi of the arctic, or
more specifically, of Baffin, and can point me in the correct direction?
If one has not been published, then someone should do it!   I can assure
you that if you travel to Baffin in mid-August there will be no shortage
of materials for you to examine.       Tom McCloud     SAIC/Frederick
Cancer Research Facility