Cordyceps sinensis

Ville Tuomi ville.tuomi at pp.kolumbus.fi
Sun Dec 7 13:51:56 EST 1997

I'm interested of Cordyceps sinensis because of it's medicinal
properties and it's way of life. By now I know that it lives as a
parasite of caterpillar larvae -> it infects the larvae and the mycelium
grows in the dead body. After most of the nutrients are used, this
fungus develops a fruit body which grows out of the larvaes head.

If anybody has some information about this fascinating fungi, I'd be
happy to receive it. Actually I am going to try to grow the mycelium by
submerged fermentation as soon as I get the starting culture.
Propositions about some good medias and growing conditions are also
welcome.

Thank's for Your help
Ville Tuomi