HELP - English names for fungi

Michael Wood mwood at
Wed Feb 12 12:37:48 EST 1997

basidium at (Basidium) wrote:

>Boletus torosus = "? Boletus" (?epithet meaning, anyone...?)

torosus = cylindrical with with bulges OR contractions at intervals

same as torulosus

(definition from Stern's "Botanical Latin")

 |    Michael Wood   Paradigm Micro Systems    |
 |   mwood at   San Leandro, CA USA   |
 |          <>          |

More information about the Mycology mailing list