Spores on agar.

burdet2 at uni2a.unige.ch burdet2 at uni2a.unige.ch
Thu Feb 20 11:12:29 EST 1997

In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.970212175953.9520C-100000 at alcor.concordia.ca>, Mike Rose <mich_ros at alcor.concordia.ca> writes:

> My spores have been on the AGAR for almost a week now still no signs of
> any growth/progress.
>
> How long should I wait before I throw them away are start over?
>
> Be Happy
>
> Mike
>
> PS: Someone mentioned an alt.nature.mushrooms NG. I cannot find it. Is it
> still extant?
> --
> Reply to: MikeRose at journalist.com

For old spores wich are difficult to sproud, you should try water soaking.
o fill half of a small jar with distilled water
o sterilize . let cool.
o put your spores (into innoc. box ou laminar flow hood) into the jar
o shake. Each 5 days suck some water with a syringue and inoculate
  a petri dish.

It can take as long as 1 month in water for the spores to sproud but the
contamination risk grow as well ...

good luck