VA mycorrhizas of populus

Chris Wright wrightc2 at pilot.msu.edu
Fri Feb 21 11:41:06 EST 1997

I am doing my graduate work at Michigan State Universities Kellogg
Biological Station near Battlecreek, Michigan.  It is the only
agricultural site in the LTER network.  One of the treatments is a
Poplar rotation.  It was first planted in 1989 and was totally
endomycorrhizal at that time.  This condition persisted until 1995 when
we first started seeing ecto's on the roots.  It is now common for these
roots to have both endo's and ecto's, although we feel that there is an
eventual transition taking place from endo's to ecto's.  For more info
feel free contact me at wrightc2 at pilot.msu.edu.