mushrooms as bioindicators

Chao-hsuan ChCHUNG.bbs at bbs.life.nthu.edu.tw
Sun Feb 23 07:48:19 EST 1997

==>In the article, basidium at aol.com (Basidium) wrote:
: Subj: mushrooms as bioindicators
: Date: 97-02-18 18:37:07 EST
: From: Jan.Degroote at student.kuleuven.ac.be (Jan)
: To:   basidium at aol.com
: Sir,
: I am student biological engineering and I was wondering if there is some
: research on mushrooms as bioindicators.
: It is known that symbiose is very important for the metabolism of the
: plant. Ii is also known that mushrooms are very sensitive for pollution.
: In this way mushrooms are very important for the agriculture.Not only as
: bioindicator but also as parameter for the productivity .

i think maybe VAM fungi can be good indicators of productivity
ppl can hardly isolated any VAM fungi from some farmland of Taiwan
this is thought to be resulted from the overdosed fertilizer

cellular slime molds can also reflect the condition of soil