mushrooms as bioindicators

Chao-hsuan ChCHUNG.bbs at
Mon Feb 24 00:05:31 EST 1997

==>In the article, ChCHUNG (Chao-hsuan) wrote:
: ==>In the article, basidium at (Basidium) wrote:
: : Subj: mushrooms as bioindicators
: : Date: 97-02-18 18:37:07 EST
: : From: Jan.Degroote at (Jan)
: : To:   basidium at
: : Sir,
: : I am student biological engineering and I was wondering if there is some
: : research on mushrooms as bioindicators.
: : It is known that symbiose is very important for the metabolism of the
: : plant. Ii is also known that mushrooms are very sensitive for pollution.
: : In this way mushrooms are very important for the agriculture.Not only as
: : bioindicator but also as parameter for the productivity .
: i think maybe VAM fungi can be good indicators of productivity
: ppl can hardly isolated any VAM fungi from some farmland of Taiwan
: this is thought to be resulted from the overdosed fertilizer
: cellular slime molds can also reflect the condition of soil

Cavender, J. C., R. A. Bradshaw, J.-P. Regner & T. Damio. 1993.
Response of soil dictyostelid slime molds to agricultural disturbance
in a tropical environment. Biotropica 25(2): 245-248.