ion/ozone

Kevin King primo at ptialaska.net
Sun Feb 23 21:43:48 EST 1997

I was wondering if any one had information opn the use of ozone in a
labortory  as a way of controlling contaminates while performing culture
transfers or just as a room "sterilizer"

I know that the use of an ion generator can reduce airborn bacteria, but
the ozone would create oxidized pollutants and 02. After the 03
molecules split and attatch one oxygen molecule to the pollutant, Does
the oxidized agent fall to the floor or stay airborne?
 Would the O3 interfere with cultures?

Help

Kevin King
K&L Enterprizes Medicinal Mushroom Project
primo at ptialaska.net