Sclerotia forming non-pathogenic fungi

Tom McCloud McCloud at dtpax2.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Feb 27 16:07:30 EST 1997

Alan S. Wicks wrote:
> I am trying to find information about non-pathogenic fungi
> that form true sclerotia.  I also need to be able to find a
> culture of it and to be able to grow it.

You might try a lit search on Jim Gloer, a professor at the Univ. of
Iowa, who has isolated many novel organic molecules from sclerotia.  I
think he does grow some fungi for the production of sclerotia for this
purpose, so there might be media, growth, isolation information
available from his publications.    Tom McCloud