Loving mushrooms to death?

Andrew Grant adgrant at water.waterw.com
Tue Jan 7 13:26:46 EST 1997

In article <jworrall-0301971457350001 at honey.esf.edu>,
jworrall at mailbox.syr.edu (Jim Worrall) wrote:

  The results will be
>published in a book, "Structure and Dynamics of Fungal
>Populations."  Depending on the stage distribution
>(basidiospores: primary: secondary non-fruiting: fruiting mycelia)
>and on the transition probabilities among those stages,
>fungal species may vary tremendously in their sensitivity
>to perturbations such as heavy harvesting.  Some may be
>more sensitive than we expect.

      Your study sounds very interesting even to a sporadic and amateur
mushroomer like me.  Might I suggest that you put together a brief summary
of your findings and publish it in a magazine such as "Mushroom - the
Journal".  "Mushroom" is read by a range of mycologists from professionals
to rank amateurs and such an article might garner you a few more customers
for the book.
      Andy Grant