Gyromitra poison info?

Jeff Potter jp at glpbooks.SPAMBLOCK.com
Mon Jun 2 15:20:32 EST 1997

Hi there...I'm interested in the rocket fuel toxin in the
Beefsteak mushroom. I've read that it's considered poisonous
but that millions eat it. Very strange! Can someone enlighten
me? ---I recall also reading that different regions have beefsteaks
which have LESS of the toxin, making them edible. Is this the
case with the commercial beefsteaks available in Scandanavia?
I also read awhile back about a 'controlled substance' case about
such a company exporting beefsteaks to the US and getting into
trouble. Any news? Thanks...
--
JP
*****

**"Out Your Backdoor": Magazine of Cheap Adventure and DIY Culture
      http://www.glpbooks.com/oyb, $8/4, 4686 Meridian Rd., Williamston MI 48895

**GLP: #1 Reviews for FE/EIT & PE Engineering Exams  http://www.glpbooks.com