spam and porn on this newsgroup

Berlstein berlstein at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 09:59:22 EST 1997

In regards to making this a moderated newsgroup....I totally disagree.
    This group is not all that active.  I can easily recognize spam or
porn postings and ignore them.  I am not willing to trade censorship for
the dubious honor of having a better view while reading posts.  I find
this group very useful as it is, and I would hate for someone to decide
that comments from a young "shroom" enthusiast were not appropriate for
this group, as I am always interested in what people are up to with
mushrooms.  I say.....It ain't broke, so don't fix it.