Training dogs to sniff morels, truffles?

Jim Pirko jpirko at umich.edu
Thu Jun 5 14:33:18 EST 1997

I am sure that you could train a dog (esp. a pointing breed) to locate morels. I have thought about it.
First problem is that (at least here in Michigan) one is not allowed to 'train' a dog in the field
from April 1 to July 15. Now, exactly what a conservation office would do if you encountered one is
open for debate. However, I believe that would be an unlawful act. Check first.

Jeff Potter <jp at glpbooks.SPAMBLOCK.com> writes: > Is it possible? Easy? I have a dog that tracks well and seems