glowing mushroom/fungal culture

nstewart at goodall.uncg.edu nstewart at goodall.uncg.edu
Fri Jun 6 10:22:58 EST 1997

Hi MycoFolks:  I'm a newbie to mycology and this newsgroup.  I find myself in
possession of spores from a mushroom from NSW, Australia.  The peculiar thing
of this mushroom is that the cap is bioluminescent (or the mucus on it is).
Does anyone know of bioluminescent fungi (taxa)?  Secondly, I need advice on
culturing it away from from its tree host (I believe it is mycorrhizal).  Are
there any standard media that are a good starting place.  In my lab we do
plant tissue culture, but have no experience with fungi.  Thanks, Neal