glowing mushroom/fungal culture

norm rmp at
Mon Jun 16 07:30:53 EST 1997

In article <33A080B0.6903 at> Peter Mullin <mullinp at> writes:
>From: Peter Mullin <mullinp at>
>Subject: Re: glowing mushroom/fungal culture
>Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:05:20 -0700

I got a culture (petrie dish) of Amallaria Mellea from
Carolina Biological company in North Carolina.

It glowed a ghostly green in the dark when your eyes
get used to it.

Really fantastic, but when I subcultured it, it lost
its glow.   I called Carolina Bio and asked them what
happened and of course they didn't know.   But the
cutlures are really cheap.   (less than $20)
The Rhizomorphs are very alien looking.

Get one - there fun.