Saprophytes: Where Do They Come From?

"David Brayford ", IMI D.BRAYFORD at cabi.org
Mon Mar 3 08:07:28 EST 1997

I might have missed the beginning of this conversation but, anyhow......,
fungi have a whole range of ecological strategies involving a saprotrophic
component, so there is no single answer to your questions.  For a good
source of background information on this subject area check out the book:-
 Cooke, R.C. & Rayner, A.D.M. (1984 - blimey, seems like yesterday, Alan).
 Ecology of Saprotrophic Fungi.  Longman, London & New York, 415 pp.  ISBN
0-582-44260-5.  Lots of interesting things therein.
Dave Brayford, IMI