Amanita floccocephala and brunnescens Quest?

Stephen R. Berlant berlant at bellatlantic.net
Sun Mar 16 05:18:39 EST 1997

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether A. floccocephala and/or A.
brunnescens could possibly be psychotropic?

AFAIK, both are considered to be "poisonous". However, given the tendency of
some authors to characterize A. muscaria as poisonous - rather than
psychotropic - I was wondering if the toxicity of the former species, taken in
the proper amount, might not also be characterized as and/or include a
"psychotropism".

Any references reporting the effects of ingestion of these species would also
be greatly appreciated.

My thanks in advance.

Stephen R. Berlant