1997 Morels found

Basidium basidium at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 09:28:17 EST 1997

watson at george.arc.nasa.gov (John S. Watson - FSC) posted this:

"...I harvested my usual crop around about Jan. 24th of this year (1997),
in the Silicon Valley, S.F Bay Area.   Usually our window is February,
plus or minus a couple of weeks. ...I don't remember harvesting them on
that plot this late in the year. ... If they don't I'll have to head up to
the Sierra, where they'll be starting in the next couple of months. ...
Else I'll have to wait until they start poping  out here again in July."

My comment:
To keep everyone SANE, I think it might be good for us all to remember:
California's mushroom seasons have neither rhyme nor reason when we
consider them in the context of those of the rest of North America.  ;-D

David W. Fischer
http://members.aol.com/xerula/xprt.html
Coauthor, "Edible Wild Mushrooms of North America" and "Mushrooms of Northeastern North America"