Jobs in plant pathology?

Dan Zerkle zerkle at krakatoa.cs.ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 31 22:54:22 EST 1997

My girlfriend just got her master's degree in plant biology, with
a specialty in pathology (mainly fungus).

Now, she is absolutely desperate for a job, but she's not having
any luck looking in the classified section or on Web general
job listing services.  There's just not much listed in her
field.  Apparently, research firms don't advertise that way.

Can anyone provide some advice on how to find a job with that
sort of specialty?  She's quite talented (OK, I'm biased), but
we don't know where to look.

Of course, if you know of any specific openings (especially
in California), we'd be delighted to hear about them.
Dan Zerkle  zerkle at cs.ucdavis.edu
Stamp out Internet spam!  See http://www.vix.com/spam/ to help.