mycorrhizae

Ccgold ccgold at aol.com
Mon May 5 20:28:18 EST 1997

  I was wondering where I could find info (on the web preferably) about
mycorrhizae.  I am a high school student and have read the basics but
would like more indepth info.  Some of my questions are:  how do the fungi
identify the roots as plant roots?  Which plants have this relationship
with fungi?   Why do some plants need fungi and others not?  I would also
appreciate any other info which will help me carry my thinking further,
because part of my assignment requires me to design an experiment having
to do with mycorrhizae.