Candida parapsilosis

Lester Pasarell lpasarel at UTMB.EDU
Tue May 20 17:25:01 EST 1997

MGKMKR wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me why I often isolate candida parapsilosis from the
> ear?
> Is there any physiological reason for selecting for this yeast in the ear?
>
> Please respond via e-mail in addition to posting

Candida parapsilosis and many other yeast are normally isolated from
skin, ears, feces, hair etc....in many people this is called normal
flora.....consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment if you
think this organism may be affecting you....

Lester Pasarell-Luiggi                  lpasarel at utmb.edu
Medical Mycology Research Center
Department of Pathology
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
http://fungus.utmb.edu      (for work)
http://www.utmb.edu/ctd     (for work)
http://marlin.utmb.edu/~lpasarel     (for fun)