Morel lover POISONED! Rats!
jp at glpbooks.SPAMBLOCK.com
Sat May 24 14:10:22 EST 1997
Bummer. I've been a morel buff for years. I just
got sick from eating them last night for the first time ever.
I had friends over for a nice morel in cream sauce and trout dinner.
These were the golden, conical morels. Fresh, young b/w 2-6" tall.
(I did keep them in the frig for a couple days.)
Everyone else said they loved the dinner A LOT. I ate maybe
5 morels worth of slices. (10 slices in the sauce.)
(FYI: I'm 35 yo, 170#.)
Within minutes I was ill and feeling very bad for an hour.
For the first time in my life I forced a vomit and felt better.
Today, though, I've felt pretty bad and tired all day.
Has anyone heard of enthusiasts suddenly developing
an allergy or getting random reactions?
I had a small problem last year after eating a nice slice
of fried youngish puffball. Got a little sick. But before
that (last spring) I'd had several nice morel dinners.
It started making me wonder about me and mushrooms
and I wanted to look into it further. Well, I found out!
The funny thing is that I haven't been reacting well to
our recipes lately in general (and getting in dutch with
the wife as well). I wonder if my growing blah reaction to
what seems like tasteless morels was my body telling me to
not eat them anymore! Maybe it's a weird combo with the
cream that gets to me. I prefer leeks and wine! :) They
used to be my favorite thing of spring, but I never ate
more than a few morel meals a year.
I dunno, I haven't eaten fish lately either. It's weird.
I've never had an allergy or been poisoned before.
And I've even eaten some tasty beefsteaks! (Yum!)
Any feedback, info, advice, appreciated!
jp at glpbooks.SPLAMBLOCK.com--to reply delete 'SPAMBLOCK' from address!
**"Out Your Backdoor": Magazine of Cheap Adventure and DIY Culture
http://www.glpbooks.com/oyb, $8/4, 4686 Meridian Rd., Williamston MI 48895
**GLP: #1 Reviews for FE/EIT & PE Engineering Exams http://www.glpbooks.com
More information about the Mycology