growing Shiitake

Mike Carey mikeca at
Sun Nov 2 13:47:27 EST 1997

Me wrote:
> Hi, I have been growing some Shiitake Mushrooms & thinking of selling
> them at some markets.  Does anyone know please whether I need any
> special license to sell my product, or like a market gardener can I just
> go ahead?
> Thanks in advance.
> Mark
I don't know what state you live in, but here in Washington you need
only have a business license for the city you sell in, and a state tax
number for state taxes. I am hoping to do the same thing with Shiitaki
and Oyster mushrooms. In Washington we have no special licenses or
certification required, except, if you want to claim your mushrooms are
organically grown there is special inspections required. Mike

More information about the Mycology mailing list