Mike Careys miniature Shitake

R. Wheeler topalot at barint.on.ca
Sat Nov 8 20:57:35 EST 1997

  I think that you will find that the optimum size for a Shiitake block,
(logs as commercial growers call them ), is about the same as a football. If
you consider the time and effort needed to handle and sterilize, (clean)
reusable containers the size of footballs, you would soon appreciate the
convince of autoclavable bags.