Ideal incubation temp

Enigl enigl at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 10:18:41 EST 1997

In article <60hn6f$55d$1 at gte1.gte.net>, max at gte.net writes:

>I am screening water samples for yeast and mold. What would be the ideal
>incubation temperature and time for this when plated on acidified Potato
>Dextrose Agar?

If you want to use the legal (standard) method, check out _Standard
Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater_. PDA is not legal
because it does not work very well.

Davin

------------------------------
Davin C. Enigl,
Microbiologist, MEAS-Master of Environmental Arts and Sciences

Co-author (with Kent M. Sorrells), Water Activity and Self-Preserving Formulas,
In:  _Preservative-Free and Self-Preserving Cosmetics and Drugs_, Kabara
and Orth, editors.  Copyright 1997,
Marcel-Dekker, ISBN 0-8247-9366-8, Telephone: 1-800-228-1160

Microbiology Services:
Water System Design and Validation
Preservative Formulation and Stability Testing
FDA Validation Protocols
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)  Audits
Facility Start-Ups
Microbiology Training

Web Site:  http://members.aol.com/enigl/

October 9, 1997