Help- Mushrooms in North Carolina?

joedegnan at edgenet.net joedegnan at edgenet.net
Fri Oct 17 20:35:16 EST 1997

In article <19971013231601.TAA17087 at ladder01.news.aol.com>,
  fugngii at aol.com (Fugngii) wrote:

> I just moved to North Carolina from CA.  I would appreciate any suggestions
>  where I can find edible or nonedible mushrooms.  Thanks.

There are a number of mushroom clubs (some like to be called Mycological
Societies) in NC. 1. Asheville Mushroom Club 51 Kentwood Ln, Pisgah
Forest, NC 28768-9511 2. Blue Ridge Mushroom Club PO Box 1107 North
Wilkesboro, NC 28659-1107 3. Triangle Area Mushroom Club PO Box 61061
Durham, NC 27715-1061 4. Cape Fear Mycological Society 6132 Rock Creek Rd
NE  Leland, NC28451-9688 Write to the address nearest you. In general you
will meet a great group of people in all walks of life and all ranges of
ability in identification. Most have at least one expert amateur or
professional mycologist. You will enjoy and learn a great deal.
Especially important which ones NOT TO EAT. "ALL MUSHROOMS ARE EDIBLE -
ONCE!!! Happy fungi-ing. Joe