What is this mushroom

Erik Westlin westlin at msi.se
Tue Sep 9 04:28:35 EST 1997

Hello

I have tried to find this mushroom in ordinary books.

It's cap is 10 cm in diameter. It's height 10 cm.
It's color is red and white (more or less).
It's not a sapp or gilled it's got these small
spikes instead (i don't know what you call it in english)
These spikes are brownish.
What makes this a strange looking mushroom is
the top of the cap which is covered with upvard pointing
bigger spikes or maybe tubes 2-3 cm long and 3-4 mm thick.
On the downside of the cap there is drops of a clear
red liquid. I found this in sweden in northern europe
near stockholm.

- Erik