Compiling the Truffle FAQ - can you help?

Tanith_Tyrr Tanith_Tyrr
Sun Sep 14 04:10:25 EST 1997

WARNING: do not reply to this post directly.  In order to find my real
email address, you'll have to remove the penetrating object.

Gene (its_not_down at end_of_message.com) wrote:
: Two references and a comment:

I appreciate your references, but I am unsure if I should be quoting more
than 200 words at a time from the work of these authors in a FAQ without
asking their permission - and as I only have so much time to volunteer to
this unpaid project, I would as soon not muck about with snail mail to
publishers who may not even be in this country.

But I will be very happy to include the reference portions of your post
in a new section that just occurred to me, a "Truffle Bibliography".  :)
Many thanks.

: Are you sure you were tasting a "Perigord white" truffle?

Naaah, I botched up.  I meant "Piedmont".  I think I must have been
sniffing a little too much truffle juice when I made the post.  ;/

PS - Oliveto's restaurant in Oakland, California is having its annual
white truffle dinner sometime in November - yum!  Get reservations at 510
547 4624, and get them early - this event is too damn good to miss.  Chef
Paul Bertolli is a serious food artisan, and when his talent is combined
with absolutely fresh white truffles flown in from Italy the day before
the event, the results are phenomenal.

Regards,

Tanith

"Scallops are expensive, so they should be treated with some class.  But
then, I suppose that every creature that gives his life for our table
should be treated with class." - Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet