contamination of edible mushrooms?

LWDutcher lwdutcher at aol.com
Tue Sep 16 07:43:02 EST 1997


I was referred to this newsgroup as a possible source for information
about contamination of edible mushrooms from the growing medium. 
Specifically, I have what appear to be coprinus micaceous growing in the
lawn in my backyard.  They are right next to...and presumably growing
from....railroad ties used in landscaping.  I wonder if the creosote or
other nasties in the ties has contaminated the mushrooms, rendering them
inedible.  

If you have information or references, I would appreciate it.

Please be so kind to CC my email address, as well as answering to this
newsgroup.

Linda Buchser
lwdutcher at aol.com



More information about the Mycology mailing list