FW: Leaf Rust Fungus-need help...

Les Szabo lszabo at PUCCINI.CRL.UMN.EDU
Wed Sep 24 10:16:15 EST 1997

Victoria,

We have a large collection of rusts here at theUSDA-ARS,  Cereal Rust
Laboratory, in St. Paul, MN.  I would be happy to work with you in getting  leaf
rust isolates (Puccinia recondita) that would work for your project.  However, we
are going to need more information regarding the hosts that you are working
with. If you would like to have more information regarding the CRL, please visit
our web site: www.crl.umn.edu.

Good luck on your project.

Les Szabo

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:02:19 -0700  Chateau Keen wrote:
>I am a Senior in High School right outside of Washington DC, and need
>help with my science project. I am attempting to perform an
>introgression program between wheat and a wild grass type, to transfer
>resistance against Leaf Rust from the wild grass to the wheat.
>	My problem though, is that I am having difficulty locating a sample of
>the Rust fungus that I can use in my experiment. I have looked in
>several major biological supply companies, and none carry it. I have
>tried calling Tissue Collection organizations, and they don't carry it.
>If anyone knows where I could locate and obtain a sample, I would
>appreciate any information you could provide. I would also be interested
>in getting any names of Mycologists or people who could direct me to
>find this elusive fungus.
>		Thanks for any help or information,
>				Victoria

-------------------------------------