postdoc in fungal molecular plant pathology

Mon Sep 29 13:11:57 EST 1997

                                       POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTIST
                                      (Fungal Molecular Plant Pathology)
     Monsanto's Chemical Disease Control Team has an excellent opportunity
     available for a Postdoctoral Scientist who is interested in working on
     the latest innovations in agricultural research. The successful
     candidate will work on a project focusing on the rational design and
     screening of agricultural fungicides. You will also interact with
     researchers involved in fungal biotechnology, high throughput
     screening and chemistry.
     We require a Ph.D. with a research emphasis in molecular genetics of
     filamentous fungi including fungal transformation, use of reporter
     genes and/or fungal genetics. Experience in plant pathology is
     beneficial but not essential.
     We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For
     consideration, please send your resume and the names, addresses and
     phone numbers of three references to:
     Dr. John Pitkin
     The Monsanto Company
     re:Job Code PDS
     800 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
     Mail Zone: U3D
     St. Louis, MO 63167.
     email: jwpitk at
     Visit our website at EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V