Field Research Assistantship for Summer 1998

Qiuxin Wu qwu at fmppr.fmnh.org
Tue Apr 14 10:19:00 EST 1998

Field / Research Assistantship for Summer 1998

We are looking for a college undergraduate or recently graduated student
to assist us in conducting mycological field work at study sites in the
U.S. and China from July to September 1998 as a part of our National
Science Foundation funded US-China cooperative research project.  For more
information about this project, please see our web site
<http://www.fmnh.org/candr/botany/botany_sites/us-china_macrofungi>.
The student's responsibilities will include sampling plots, collecting and
processing fungal specimens, taking morphological notes, photographing
specimens, and data entry. Background in biology/botany/mycology and
experience with field work and foreign travel is highly desirable. If
interested, please contact Dr. Qiuxin Wu at qwu at fmnh.org or Dr. Gregory M.
Mueller at gmueller at fmnh.org. To apply, send letter of application, resume,
copies of college transcripts, and the name, phone number and e-mail
address of at least two people who are willing to provide letters of reference
to: Dr. Qiuxin Wu, Botany Department, The Field Museum, Roosevelt Road at
Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60605-2496. [Phone: 312-922-9410, ext.
718,
Fax 312-427-2530]

Qiuxin Wu (Ph.D.)

e-mail: qwu at fmnh.org