Spring ascomycetes

Nancy Ironside nancy.ironside at encode.com
Sun Apr 19 10:09:16 EST 1998

To-day we found  two signs of spring  - two collections: Urnula craterium
and Sarcoscypha coccinea (or whatever we Easterners are supposed to call
them now). I just now  learned, from Bessette's book, that I should have
collected them to find out what sort of oil drops are in the spores in
order to know their correct name.   This beautiful sight was found near
Matchedash Bay, which is off  Georgian Bay, which is in Central Ontario.
One of my friends has found 17 morels.   Nancy Ironside.