Agaricus argenteus and Cantharellus cybarina

Andreas Gminder agminder at
Tue Aug 18 00:01:52 EST 1998

Dear colleagues,

a friend of mine, collector of stamps, asked me about two species of
fungi which have been on some recently recieved stamps of the Grenadine
Now he wants to have further informations on these species, which I have
never heared of.
Perhaps someone can provide me with more information regarding author,
descriptions etc. Every hint is greatly welcome!

1. Agaricus argenteus
Judging from the illustration on the stamp, it should be a true Agaricus
in the today's sense (blackbrown gills, whitish basidiocarp)

2. Cantharelluy cybarina

Thank you for your help!

Andreas Gminder - Stuttgart - Germany