Cordyceps cultures

Lester Pasarell lpasarel at utmb.edu
Fri Feb 6 01:18:52 EST 1998

Ville Tuomi wrote:

> Has anyone any information about where to get Cordyceps species? I'd
> need a starting culture of C. sinensis or C.militaris to do some
> research with.
>
> Thanks for help

Made a search in ATCC and found the following cultures

http://www.atcc.org/catalogs/catalogs.html

Your query was:
     cordyceps

The selected databases contain 14 documents matching your query:

1: Organism: Cordyceps memorabilis Cesati Comments: See
2: Organism: Cordyceps sinclairii Kobayasi Comments: See
3: Organism: Isaria sinclairii (Berkeley) Lloyd Comments:
4: Organism: Paecilomyces farinosus (Holm : Fries) Brown e
5: ATCC Number: 34164 Organism: Cordyceps militaris (Lin
6: ATCC Number: 66779 Organism: Cordyceps brongniartii S
7: ATCC Number: 34178 Organism: Cordyceps aphodii Mathie
8: ATCC Number: 34165 Organism: Cordyceps militaris (Lin
9: ATCC Number: 36743 Organism: Cordyceps memorabilis Ce
10: ATCC Number: 36744 Organism: Cordyceps memorabilis Ce
11: ATCC Number: 36865 Organism: Cordyceps ophioglossoide
12: ATCC Number: 36337 Organism: Cordyceps sp. Depositor
13: ATCC Number: 34498 Organism: Cordyceps gracilis (Grev
14: ATCC Number: 26848 Organism: Cordyceps militaris (Lin

It use to be very easy for us in the US to mail out cultures
in the own USA and abroad, but due to new regulations, it has become
a very painful process.
You may want to contact ATCC for prices of cultures or contact
CABI or CBS or any of the other culture collections available from

http://www.keil.ukans.edu/~fungi/fcollect.html

Culture Collections

The Microbial Strain Data Network, the World Data Center on
Microorganisms, and the Microbial
Germplasm Database compile data for many different collections. The
following list provides direct
links to online collections; more detailed information is provided
below.

Quick links to online culture collections

     All Russian Collection of Microorganisms (via MSDN)
     ATCC. American Type Culture Collection (Rockville, MD, USA)
     ARS Systematic Mycology Lab culture collection (Beltsville, MD,
USA)
     BEG. Banque Européenne des Glomales
     BCCM. Belgian Co-ordinated Collections of Micro-organisms
     Brazilian culture collections of fungi and yeasts
     CBS. Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures (Baarn, The Netherlands)
     CCFC. Canadian Collection of Fungal Cultures (Ottawa, Canada)
     CCBAS. Culture Collection of Basidiomycetes (Prague, Czech
Republic)
     FGSC. Fungal Genetics Stock Center (Kansas City, USA)
     GPDATA. Soil-borne fungi (Inst. of Arable Crops Res., Rothamsted,
U.K.)
     IMI. International MycologicaI Institute (Surrey, U.K.)
     INVAM. Arbuscular and VA mycorrhizal fungi (W. Virginia, USA)
     Microbial Information Network of China
     UAMH. University of Alberta Microfungus Collection: cultures
     UPSC. Uppsala University's culture collection (Sweden)

Hope this helps!

lester

Lester Pasarell lpasarel at utmb.edu
Medical Mycology Research Center -Pathology
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Texas
http://fungus.utmb.edu