THE 12th NEW ZEALAND FUNGAL FORAY

RIDLEYG at fri.cri.nz RIDLEYG at fri.cri.nz
Thu Jan 22 11:43:08 EST 1998

THE 12th NEW ZEALAND FUNGAL FORAY

Pureora Forest Park Lodge, Pureora Forest Park
evening of Tuesday 14 April to morning of Sunday 19 April 1998

Pureora Forest Park Lodge is located in the Pureora Forest Park 55 km NE =
of =

Taupo at 38=B028'S 175=B034'E. (About 275 km SSE of Auckland). The Park =

contains one of the largest stands of lowland podocarp forests remaining =
in =

New Zealand consisting of rimu (Dacrydium cupressinum), matai (Podocarpus=
 =

spicatus), totara (Podocarpus totara), miro (Podocarpus ferrugineus) and =

tanekaha (Phyllocladus trichomanoides). This forest began to develop 2000=
 =

years ago after the previous vegetation was destroyed in the Taupo =

eruption. The forest also has significant populations of native birds =

including one of the few remaining habitats of the kokako (Callaeus =

cinerea).

The cost of accommodation will be about $15 per night, plus the additiona=
l =

cost for food (all meals supplied).

A limited number of grants towards the daily cost and/ or transport to th=
e =

foray are available for students in New Zealand. More information is =

available from Geoff Ridley.

Geoff Ridley
New Zealand Forest Research Institute Private Bag 3020
Rotorua
New Zealand;
tel: +64 7 347 5899
fax: +64 7 347 5333
e-mail: ridleyg at fri.cri.nz

Registration for the 12th New Zealand Fungal Foray, Pureora Forest Park ,=
 =

14-19 April 1998

Name

Address

Tel:
Fax:
E-mail:

Number attending:

Please answer YES to one of the following:

* I will be attending the full foray and require accomodation and meals

* I will be a day visitor and require meals only

* I will be a day visitor and do not require any meals

A deposit (NZ$40 per person) is required

Please make cheques payable to "Foray Account"

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU THINK MAY BE INTERESTED