Trichoderma's codon binding site

Jerome Rigot jfrigot at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 5 23:57:48 EST 1998

Hello,

I am working with the soil fungus Trichoderma harzianum, and I am making a
plasmid to express specific genes in this organism.  In the process, it
came to my attention that for efficient translation a ribosome binding
site just upward to the ATG is needed.  This site, also called the Kozak
translational initiator sequence, has a fairly specific sequence which is
different between bacteria and filamentous fungi.  I was wondering if any
of you knew what it is for Trichoderma, or if you could tell me where I
could find that information.
Thank you for your time,

Jerome

--