Recipe for Lobster mushrooms?

dwheeler at teleport.com dwheeler at teleport.com
Sun Oct 4 22:04:46 EST 1998

Yesterday I went mushrooms at the coast and found the first of the Lobster
mushrooms out (Hypomyces lactifluorum) growing on Russula brevipes, which were
also out in force.

I harvested several, fondly remembering last year's mushrooms feasts which
included this mushrooms. But today I can't find any of the recipes. Neither
the Oregon Mycological Society Cookbook and The Ultimate Mushroom Book have
any recipes about preparing Lobster Mushrooms. So...

If anyone out there has a nice recipe they'd like to share, I'm more than
willing to read.

Daniel B. Wheeler
http://www.oregonwhitetruffles.com