Amanita phalloides found on Vancouver Island

""Your All-in-1 Username" at A1.PFC.Forestry.CA" at SATURN.GOV.BC.CA ""Your All-in-1 Username" at A1.PFC.Forestry.CA" at SATURN.GOV.BC.CA
Wed Oct 28 00:56:00 EST 1998

Newsgroups: bionet.mycology
Subject: Amanita phalloides found on Vancouver Island
From: Your name here <"Your All-in-1 Username"@A1.PFC.Forestry.CA>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:10:35 -0800

Hello everyone,

Just a short note to let you know that during our mushroom show this
past Sunday, two members of the the South Vancouver Island Mycological
Society brought in 3 specimens of Amanita phalloides found inside
Victoria city limits under beech trees.  This is the second reported
site for British Columbia, and the first report for Vancouver Island.
Myself, Brenda Callan, Paul Kroger, Hannah Nadel, and several other
mycologists were on hand at the show to verify the ID.  Voucher
specimens are being processed for deposit at the Pacific Forestry
Centre, UBC, and Ottawa.  We will be working with the property owner to
monitor further developments.

Richard S. Winder
President
SVIMS