Candida tropicalis

Dennis Gaunt dgaunt at uhl.uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 4 13:03:19 EST 1999

HKorb at USNOTES.bms.com wrote:
:
: Dear Sir/Madam
:
: I would like to find out whether Candida tropicalis would be classified as an
: infectious or non-infectious culture? If you can help me my e-mail address is
: hkorb at usnotes.bms.com.
:
: Regards
:
: Hendrik Korb
:

A "culture" of C. tropicalis would not be considered infectious in the
sense that a culture of, say, Histoplasma capsulatum would be considered
infectious.  If you mean, can it cause disease, possibly but not likely
in otherwise healthy patients.

| Dennis D. Gaunt                   | Internet: dgaunt at uhl.uiowa.edu |
| The University of Iowa            |    Voice: (319) 335-4500       |
| Oakdale Research Campus           |      FAX: (319) 335-4555       |
| Iowa City, Iowa  52242            |                                |